Fix-It Friday

One last Fix-It Friday before my vacation to the Florida Keys TOMORROW!!  This week's photo had some white balance issues and was underexposed.

Original Image from I Heart Faces:


























My first "normal" edit:


My second edit with a little more flare:


Finally, a black and white conversion (my personal favorite for this image):

















candacesoon  – (May 7, 2010 at 10:05 AM)  

Love your edits! The b&w is my fav for this photo too.

Ashley Sisk  – (May 7, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

Yeah, I love your bw conversion!

Anonymous –   – (May 7, 2010 at 10:14 AM)  

The b/w conversion is fantastic!! Beautiful!!

Unknown  – (May 7, 2010 at 11:17 AM)  

I love the bw conversion too! Do you have a link to how you get a great BW?

Meredith  – (May 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM)  

I love the black and white for this shot!

Tara  – (May 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

I love the B&W and the middle edit!

Carrie @carrieloves  – (May 8, 2010 at 7:49 AM)  

Love your fixes - especially the BW!

Genevieve @ Adventures in Suburbia  – (May 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM)  

I love the bw conversion. Do you have any suggestions for doing bw in CS4/5? I am trying to get better at it but not having so much luck....

Melissa Scott  – (May 25, 2010 at 8:23 AM)  

Genevieve - I haven't played with CS5 at all...but for CS4, I generally use B&W actions from TRA (Totally Rad Actions). A bit of a cop out, but they are always a good starting point for me, and then I'll go into the curve and adjust it to my liking.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
- I always have a camera, and I take too many photos - I can't carry a tune, but I love to sing - I prefer meatless, but I'm not a vegetarian - I think ice cream makes the world go round - I watch too much TV - I can sleep all day if allowed - I can name that tune in five notes (if we're listening to a country station)

Contact Me

I offer prints (including fine art canvas prints) of all nature and wildlife photos you may see on this blog or on my Flickr site.

I also allow licensing of my photos. All of my work is copyrighted. Please do not use any of my photos without my permission. Please contact me if you are interested in licensing my photos for your use.

Contact me for more information: MLHScott@gmail.com