Shutter Love Tuesday {Stuffed Animals}

Ted E. Bear has resided with me since I was 18 months old...and I turn 30 years old this coming Monday, June 14.  He was brand new when my mom bought him for me as a baby, but he now shows the worn threads, bald patches, missing mouth, and scratched eyes of a bear that has been loved dearly for over 28 years. 

He has seen me through all the ups and downs in life.  The good times and the bad times.  Teddy has been there for a lifetime of momentous times...beginning elementary school, graduating high school, graduating college, moving to Atlanta for my first job, returning to Huntsville, Alabama a few years later, and, most recently, getting married.  I may be knocking on 30's door, but Teddy still sleeps in the bed with me every night.    

Teddy's face is sweet, sentimental, and endearing.  His scratched eyes are soft and understanding.  There really isn't much else that symbolizes love better than Teddy.






ShutterLoveTuesdays

Ashley Sisk  – (June 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM)  

I absolutely love it! I didn't sleep with stuffed animals or lovies (as my sister had)...I don't even really have any favorite stuffed animals from my childhood - just dolls that were meant to be displayed. However, I LOVE YOUR BEAR!

Nancy E  – (June 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM)  

Stopping in from TT --- love your Teddy ---- beautiful photo too ----- Took me a while to figure out how to shoot a stuffed animal. :)

Nancy

Stop in sometime!
nanskimtn.blogspot.com

Joanna  – (June 8, 2010 at 9:57 AM)  

What an endearing story behind such a precious face of a Teddy Bear :)

janineb  – (June 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM)  

precious! so glad you have him watching over you :)

Holly  – (June 8, 2010 at 1:07 PM)  

My teddy bear (that I still have in my closet!) growing up was also named Ted E. Bear! Ted Edward Bear to be exact LOL!

Unknown  – (June 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM)  

Your bear not only reminds me of my own loved out bear but also of the bear that Mr. Bean always carried with him for some reason.. I love his huge bald patch ;p

beingzaraandzidan  – (June 8, 2010 at 2:05 PM)  

awww thats soo cute.love the color u have used
I have joined in too
plz do visit

Anonymous –   – (June 8, 2010 at 6:03 PM)  

He is just beautiful! You have captured a truly loved and precious "friend".

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Missy  – (June 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM)  

Great story ... great pic! Got my vote!

Cap Creations  – (June 8, 2010 at 9:44 PM)  

Great photo! Would like it in a nursery. Has a vintage feel to it. And Happy Birthday real soon!

Genevieve  – (June 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM)  

That is so adorable and sweet!!

Betty  – (June 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM)  

I remember being embarassed of how dirty Teddy was when you took him to the grocery store many years ago. When I mentioned to an elderly lady behind us in line of his need for a bath she let me know real quick that it was the sign that he was loved very much. Wow...did that lady teach me a lesson. From then on, I never worried about how dirty he was. Love this picture and it brought tears to my eyes and to your Aunt Elaine's. Love you!

Unknown  – (June 11, 2010 at 1:15 PM)  

Very pretty picture and you are so beautiful!
Come follow me too :)
XO

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
- I always have a camera, and I take too many photos - I can't carry a tune, but I love to sing - I prefer meatless, but I'm not a vegetarian - I think ice cream makes the world go round - I watch too much TV - I can sleep all day if allowed - I can name that tune in five notes (if we're listening to a country station)

Contact Me

I offer prints (including fine art canvas prints) of all nature and wildlife photos you may see on this blog or on my Flickr site.

I also allow licensing of my photos. All of my work is copyrighted. Please do not use any of my photos without my permission. Please contact me if you are interested in licensing my photos for your use.

Contact me for more information: MLHScott@gmail.com